Tuesday, October 9, 2012

GSpark Reviews: CS... for the ladies?

Okay, so my review of Pokemon is coming, so you know; it'll just be over the weekend again, during which time I'll have done this short review and another one.

---------------

I like women who are willing to study Computer Science along with a huge group of men; I'm even good friends with one such lady. But what happened to the higher percentages of CS women colleges got in the past? Apparently, some women think computer science is "nerdy" or "geeky" and don't want to be perceived as such themselves. I have to applaud the women who embrace such ideals; most women nerds I know go into either art or writing, and, while those are still really good majors to go into, I admire those willing to study a major that runs heavier on math and logic than even math does! The whole reason I'm a total geek myself is because my mom was a huge Star Trek fan AND a math teacher, so my transformation was just natural. The same goes for women; if they're raised by goodly parents versed in a programming language or two, then they'll be more likely to study computer science.

No comments:

Post a Comment